Center for Bioethics and Biolaw at the UW
Center for Bioethics and Biolaw
Center for Bioethics and Biolaw at the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Warsaw was established in 2015. It gathers both experienced and young scholars working on ethical, as well as legal, cultural, and social aspects of progress in medical and biological sciences.
Aims of the Center for Bioethics and Biolaw:
- modern, interdisciplinary research in bioethics and biolaw;
- promotion of research results nationally and worldwide;
- developing relations with national and international academic centres working on bioethics;
- shaping bioethical discourse in Poland that respects pluralism of values which is basic for any truly democratic society;
- developing Polish bioethics – as academic discipline and social practice – taking into account current development and best
- practices from international debates, but also taking into accound tradition of Polish medical humanities and local social,
- cultural, economical, and legal realities.